[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of the qatlh

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 10:17:27 PST 2019

Good discussion on this one.

I’d like to back up a step, and instead of focusing on which of two ways to use a specific grammatical tool, perhaps I could suggest that you approach your intended meaning via completely different grammar. When I try to understand what you are trying to say, I keep preferring:

vIghro’lIj vIje’be’chugh, qatlh choQaHQo’?

It just seems simpler and clearer. I agree with SuStel that neither of your versions win anything in style points. I think you are trying to do the right thing with the wrong tool.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.