[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of the qatlh

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 06:59:33 PST 2019

Am 18.02.2019 um 15:53 schrieb SuStel:
> Imagine you instead asked, /Why do I need to feed your cat if I help you?/
>
>     *qaQaHchugh, qatlh vIghro'lIj vIje'nIS?
>     qatlh vIghro'lIj vIje'nIS, qaQaHchugh?*

You have just interchanged the chugh-part, which is not allowed with
meH-clauses.

There is at least one canon example of placing {qatlh} in the middle of
a sentence. But isn't there a difference between a {-chugh} sentence and
a purpose clause? (I'm seriously asking)

{potlhbe'chugh yay qatlh pe''eghlu'?}
"If winning is not important, then why keep score?" (TKW p. 135)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"