[tlhIngan Hol] Discord ghogh qepHom

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Sat Feb 9 08:55:49 PST 2019

> On Feb 9, 2019, at 10:18 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Discord has very good VoIP capabilities, and some of us have been having semi-regular {ghogh qepHommey}. There's supposed to be a regular session on Saturdays (afternoon in the Americas, evening Europe), though you could just voice chat with someone if they're available.

I like to participate in the ghogh qepHommey whenever I can, which is unfortunately nowhere near as often as I’d like. There are also many weeks when it seems nobody is around during the designated ghogh qepHom time (I believe it’s 1300-1500 US Eastern time), but I do think if more people made a habit of making them regularly, they would probably end up being more consistent overall.

I’ve been really enjoying the ghogh qepHommey, as they are pretty much my only opportunity to speak Klingon. To date I’ve only met one Klingonist in person (DeSDu’), and I can count on one hand the number of Klingonists I’ve spoken to (with actual sounds) on Discord voice chat. It would be great to have a chance to get to hear more voices.

Even if voice chat isn’t your thing, we have a lot of fun doing text chat in Klingon on that server as well.