[tlhIngan Hol] Type 9-ed verb as SAO

Hugh Son puqloD Hugh at qeylIS.net
Wed Dec 4 07:20:54 PST 2019

> On Dec 4, 2019, at 09:07, Hugh Son puqloD <Hugh at qeylis.net> wrote:
>
> That’s a compelling interpretation, and {manotlhchoH je maH} actually seems to make more sense as a referent for {'e'} than the other previously mentioned candidates.

…

Having said all that, I rewatched the scene just now, and the way the lines were delivered does seem to suggest that {'e'} didn’t necessarily refer to Azetbur’s previous sentence.

Also, I misquoted a line as {ghu' Dayajbe'law'} which should have been {ghu'maj Dayajbe'law'}. And misattributed the {QamvIS Hegh} line to Chang. And also, the {'a} before {tugh manotlhchoH je maH} isn’t particularly clear, and may not have actually been there at all.

I suppose there aren’t shooting scripts floating out there somewhere with the actual intended lines written down, otherwise we wouldn’t have to resort to playing scenes and trying to hear what the actors were trying to say through what they were actually saying…