[tlhIngan Hol] Type 9-ed verb as SAO

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 05:30:14 PST 2019

Thank you for providing the link to the scene.

It occurs to me that in this thread, we may have omitted what {‘e’} may most likely be referring to. Look at the last thing SHE said before {‘e’}: “War is obsolete, as we are in danger of becoming.” Likely, THAT is what her father didn’t want.

The dialog among the others may very well have been a simple interruption of her self-contained SAO. Given that this is, so far as I know, the one canon example of {‘e’} referring to something that someone ELSE said, maybe it doesn’t actually do that, and we misunderstood how it was being used.

Perhaps there are other examples. I know that WE have been using it to refer to what others say, using this example as justification for it being normal.

Have we been wrong all these years? Probably not. Someone will probably find another canon example of using {‘e’} to refer to what someone else has said.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.