[tlhIngan Hol] how is the verb {weS} altered by {-chu'} ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 06:36:22 PST 2019

I'm wondering with regards to how the meaning of {weS} is altered, when the
suffix {-chu'} is added.

Suppose we write:

{Huch wIweSpu'}
we've suffered a reduction of money

But how is that any different from:

{Huch wIweSchu'pu'}
we've perfectly undergone a reduction of money

Does the {Huch wIweSpu'} mean that we've lost some money, while the {Huch
wIweSchu'pu'} means that we've lost all our money ?

But even so..

If we write:

{100 *dollar*mey DIweSpu'}
we've suffered a reduction of 100 dollars

How is it any different from:

{100 *dollar*mey DIweSchu'pu'}
we've perfectly undergone a reduction of 100 dollars

In both cases, haven't we lost *exactly* the same amount ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS
the ancient cat..  a creature to admire.. and hate..