[tlhIngan Hol] could we say 'op puS ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Dec 13 09:07:38 PST 2019

On 12/13/2019 11:58 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> We know we can say:
>
> qagh (lu)Sop 'op
> some eat qagh
>
> (I don't know whether {'op} is to be treated as grammatically singular
> or plural.. If someone knows, please enlighten me..)
>
> But I wonder, whether it'd be correct to say:
>
> qagh luSop 'op puS
> few eat qagh
>
> I can't see anything grammatically wrong with it, (although qeylIS
> knows, I don't know jack qeQ when it comes to grammar..).
>
> But I can't stop wondering, whether it actually makes sense..

Does it make sense? Maybe. Not sure. I don't like all the experiments
people do with *'op,* apparently with English or some other language in
mind. Is it valid? Dunno.

Try *qagh luSop ghot puS* /Few people eat qagh, /*qagh luSop ghot puS
Dep puS je*/Few people or beings eat qagh,/ or maybe even *qagh luSop
puSwI'*/Those who are few eat qagh/ (though this one wouldn't be my
first choice). Or *motlhHa' qagh Soplu'*/Qagh is not usually eaten,/
*pIjHa' qagh Soplu'*/Qagh is eaten infrequently,/ *qagh SopwI' puS law'
qagh SopQo'wI' puS puS*/Qagh eaters are fewer than qagh non-eaters./