[tlhIngan Hol] wam

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 19 08:32:10 PDT 2019

We have seen {wamwI’} used metaphorically:
  QotDI' gheD tlhejbe' wamwI'
  The hunter does not lie down with the prey. (TKW)
And another example with {gheD}:

  gheDlIj DaHoHHa'pu' moratlh
       'ej gheDDaj charghHa' molor
       Qob qo' qeylIS yIqIm
   Morath, you failed to kill your prey
        So will Molor fail to conquer his
        Kahless, be aware of danger in all forms. (PB)

Unless they are actually being hunted down, I would stick with {’Irgh}.

As Sustel suggested, you have {tlha'} “chase, follow” as well as {qop} “arrest” and {jon} “capture”.  And in addition to {tIch} “insult” there is {tuHmoH} “shame [someone]”, {vaq} “mock, taunt” and {ghong} “abuse“.

Voragh

From: SuStel