[tlhIngan Hol] HughDu' or Hughpu' ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Aug 20 09:16:29 PDT 2019

On 8/20/2019 9:38 AM, De'vID wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 14:49, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com
> <mailto:mihkoun at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hugh:
>     > That assumes you’re talking about
>     > somebody whose name is {hugh},
>     > meaning <throat>. My name is {Hugh},
>     > meaning <disaster>, in Morskan. Maybe
>     > you’d say it as {Qugh} on {Ho'noS}, but it
>     > just sounds weird to me.
>
>     hmm.. I didn't know that.
>
>     Anyways, the question is for the case we talk about a group of
>     people, whose {Hugh} name means "throat".
>

> I think that pluralising a name would be weird to begin with, let
> alone using a body-part suffix.

/My dear Bagginses and Boffins,/ he began again; /and my dear Tooks and
Brandybucks, and Grubbs, and Chubbs, and Burrowses, and Hornblowers, and
Bolgers, Bracegirdles, Goodbodies, Brockhouses and Proudfoots./
‘ProudFEET!’ shouted an elderly hobbit from the back of the pavilion.
His name, of course, was Proudfoot, and well merited; his feet were
large, exceptionally furry, and both were on the table.

/Proudfoots,/ repeated Bilbo.