[tlhIngan Hol] wam

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Aug 19 07:54:30 PDT 2019

On 8/19/2019 10:44 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> Tell me your opinion on the verb {wam}.
>
> Would you use it, in the context of "someone being hunted" as in
> "someone being persecuted because of his religious/political/sexual
> etc orientation" ?
>
> And if not, then what the jay' would you use instead ?

You might find a metaphorical use for *wam* in the context of
persecution, but it would just be a metaphor.

I'd probably go with *'Irgh* /bully, intimidate, pick on, harass/ to
express what you describe. *lalDanDajmo' lu'Irgh*/they harass him/her
because of his/her religion./ You could express the severity of this
further. *lalDanDajmo' lu'Irgh; lutlha' 'ej lutIch.*