[tlhIngan Hol] to comma or not to comma ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 07:42:44 PDT 2019

SuStel:
> and please include an Oxford comma

I didn't know what an oxford comma is, so I googled it, and found:

"a comma used after the penultimate item in a list of three or more items,
before ‘and’ or ‘or’ (e.g. an Italian painter, sculptor, and architect)"

However I'm confused, because of the fact that in klingon the "and/or" is
always last and doesn't appear before the final noun.

The way I understand using the oxford comma in klingon, would be:

vIghro', gha'cher, bo'Degh, je vIlegh

Is this what you meant, by saying "include an oxford comma" ?

SuStel:
> Don't use it to show verbal pauses. (If you
> must show verbal pauses, only do so
> when reporting dialogue, and use an
> ellipsis.)

I didn't know either what was an ellipsis in grammar, so googling it, I
found:

"An ellipsis (plural: ellipses) is a punctuation mark consisting of three
dots. Use an ellipsis when omitting a word, phrase, line, paragraph, or
more from a quoted passage. Ellipses save space or remove material that is
less relevant"

By saying "verbal pauses" you mean parts of a dialogue where noone speaks,
right ?

But isn't the ellipsis purpose, to omit words ?

~ ckckckk