[tlhIngan Hol] QochHa'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Aug 15 06:03:38 PDT 2019

On 8/15/2019 7:11 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> SuStel:
> > So QochHa' can mean undoing a state of  > disagreement, or it can
> mean disagreeing
> > with the wrong thing or at an
> > inappropriate time.
>
> I would like to discuss this a little more, just to be certain that I
> understand {QochHa'} correctly.

I consider the meaning of *QochHa'* to be a little uncertain, so what I
say here is just speculation.

> By "undoing a state of disagreement", we mean that "we disagreed and
> now we agree again".

Yes, or it could just mean that there was an implicit assumption of
disagreement that has been proven wrong by me saying I agreed with you
all along.

> By "disagreeing with the wrong thing", we mean that "I thought it was
> a fox, you thought it was a dog, so we disagreed, although what it
> actually was, was a sheep".

No, it would be more like "I don't think it was a fox, I think it's a
dog." "But we're talking about the elephant."

> By "disagreeing at an inappropriate time", we mean that "the time was
> inappropriate because it was late at night, or because we where
> disagreeing about feeding the cat while our planet was collapsing".

It would be like disagreeing with something that wasn't stated to be an
objective fact. "I like that." "I disagree!"