[tlhIngan Hol] teH vs {-na'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Aug 14 16:49:43 PDT 2019

On 8/14/2019 6:54 PM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> paq'batlh:
> > qeylIS tIghmey'e' DaH tIQoy
> > teH tIghmey 'ej bIH bolIjlaHbe'
> > Hear now, […] The ways of Kahless,
> > For they are true And unforgettable. PB
>
> I can't understand, how this use of "true", is any different from the
> "true" of "true love, true hate, true light, etc"..
>
> Perhaps, since english isn't my native language, I can't perceive the
> difference. But you bet your bird of prey, that I can't *feel* any
> difference whatsoever.
>
> Can someone shed some light on all this ?

Dictionary.com lists 17 different senses of the adjective /true:/
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/true?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

I don't see that we have much evidence to say which ones of those *teH*
means. I'm sure it only means some of them, but picking which is tricky.
I would not be so quick to assume that *teH *means only conforming to
reality and not genuineness.