[tlhIngan Hol] {net jalchugh} and the various "then"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 04:01:57 PDT 2019

SuStel:
> Only the first one is acceptable as a standalone sentence

Actually here is my problem. I can't understand *why* they can't be
used as standalone sentences. Allow me to explain how I understand
each of these sentences.

{jImIp net jalchugh, vaj vIghro' tIQ vIje'} "If I was rich, I would
buy an ancient cat" i.e., in case I was rich, at that reality, I would
buy the ancient cat.

{jImIp net jalchugh, ngugh vIghro' tIQ vIje' } "If I was rich, at that
time I would buy an ancient cat" i.e., "if I was rich in a specific
point in time, I would buy the cat at that specific point of time".

{jImIp net jalchugh, ghIq vIghro' tIQ vIje'} "If I was rich,
subsequently I would buy an ancient cat" i.e., "If I was rich at a
specific point in time, after that specific point, meaning after I had
become rich, I would buy the cat"

Could you tell me your opinion on all this ?

Of course, to avoid misunderstandings, which would lead to the hate
starting again to flow through some people, I want to clarify that I'm
not saying that I'm right.

On the contrary, I know that I'm missing something here, and I'm
trying to understand what this something actually is..

~ m. qunen'oS
though shalt have no other Ca'Non before me