[tlhIngan Hol] How do we say "burp" ?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 18 06:19:09 PDT 2019

Speaking of gas and air going in and out of the mouth:

(HQ 12.4:8):  Air, for example, comes into and out of the nose or mouth. The word for breath is {tlhuH}, and that for breathe is also {tlhuH}. To breathe in, or inhale, is {pur}; to breathe out, or exhale, is {rech}.

SEE ALSO:
Hob 		yawn (v)
tlhov 		wheeze (v)
jev 		wheeze (v)
chuy 		sneeze (v)

And that's not to mention other mouth-related words (eat, bite, chew, suck, swallow, gargle, speak, mumble, whisper, etc.) or anatomical terms (mouth, tongue, palate, tongue, teeth, lips, etc.).  All in all, quite a lot of vocabulary.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons