[tlhIngan Hol] New words from "Miniatur Wunderland"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Apr 2 00:43:02 PDT 2019

Am 01.04.2019 um 23:24 schrieb Will Martin:
> Last year at Oshkosh, I saw a miniature replica of a B-17 bomber.

Definitely a {velqa'}.

> Meanwhile, it was 1/3 scale and it flew. Not as a remotely controlled
> model. A guy sat in it and flew it.

In this case, I think even in English I would not says this is a
"miniature" replica. It's smaller than the original, but miniature makes
me think you can hold it in your hands.

> Anyway, it’s a replica, but it’s not tiny,

You answer your own question it's a {velqa'}, but it's not {nu'} (and
probably even not {mach}).

> own B-17 to go by, he designed it by scaling UP a much smaller plastic
> model, so it’s really an oversized replica of a miniature replica…

Okay, that's paradox in this case.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"