[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "underwear"

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 05:45:10 PDT 2019

I have to share a memory.

At qep'a' vaghDIch I was talking with Seqram. KGT had just come out, and we
were discussing all the puns that Okrand put into the new vocabulary.
Seqram joked that when we finally learned the word for underwear, it'd turn
out to be *lumnaH*. ("Fruit of the Loom" is a common brand of underwear in
the US.)

For twenty-five years, I've been hoping Okrand would prove him right.

bI'reng