[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing ""

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed Apr 17 07:21:54 PDT 2019

> On Apr 17, 2019, at 07:56, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If instead of a verb, there was a noun, perhaps I could use -qoq; but
> what can I do when instead of a noun, there is a verb ?

If you’re looking for a non-punctuation, non-prosodic marker, {-law'} isn’t exactly the same as {-qoq} for verbs, but it could work in this particular case, and probably many others:

{tIghchaj nubItlhmoHchu' borgh 'e' vIHarmo' jIbeplaw'}

I appear to be complaining because I believe the Borg will make us completely conform to their customs

In other words, I’m not complaining, I merely appear to be doing so.