[tlhIngan Hol] I h-a-t-e transliteration

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 12:46:38 PDT 2019

> The point is that the lexicons of ALL
> languages are necessarily incomplete, so
> it doesn't matter. New words are
> continuously made up (or borrowed from  > other languages) all the time
for new
> concepts and new things.

You're wrong; it *does* matter. Try actually writing in klingon, and you'll
see.

As to the "new words are continuously made up (or borrowed from other
languages)" is concerned, it is true.

But you conveniently forget, that in this case, there is a general
agreement on what is to be accepted and how.

In greek, we all write the english "laser" the same.

But answer me. Whose transliteration should one use for lets say "gamma"
radiation ? Yours ? The guy's next door ? My cats' ?

And why should it be expected from the reader, to understand your
transliteration ? Is it his obligation ?

Or is it that people who choose to transliterate, elevate theirselves to
the status of okrand, expecting people to acknowledge *their* personal
choices ?

~ m. qunen'oS
Ca'NoN holy Ca'NoN