[tlhIngan Hol] quv, quv, quv Hurghchu'ghach joHma'

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 06:26:43 PDT 2019

Syntactically I don’t know wha dropping the comma and making a proper name into the direct object would mean — names as second-person DO’s isn’t part of the Klingon grammar AFAIK. I agree with SuStel, that a proper name can’t be a second person DO, it has to be apposition or direct address; but maybe Klingon has rules for that which matlh hasn’t given us.

Semantically, I’d read it as if the comma was there.

Sent from my iPhone