[tlhIngan Hol] New words from "Miniatur Wunderland"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Apr 1 13:34:00 PDT 2019

Am 01.04.2019 um 19:07 schrieb qurgh lungqIj:> I agree. {targhHom} is
NEVER just a "small targ", that would be {targh
> mach}. A {targhHom} is a creature like a targ, but less like a targ than
> a targ normally is.

Okay; If so, that animal would probably still have the size of somekind
of animal (dog, cat size, whatever).

A {targh nu'} otoh would have the size of an ant.

 >A {DujHom} isn't just a small ship, it's a different
> kind of ship.

True. But you would never fly in a {Duj nu'}.

> I'd thing so. From Okrand's description of {nu'} is just refers to
> something that is very small and is simply a synonym for {machqu'}.

No, it sure is lots smaller than just {machqu'}. But I will forward
these questions.

> Is that "toy targ" as in a plastic one a kid plays with? For that I'd
> use {targh velqa'}, with {targh velqa' nu'} for some kind of miniature
> targ that might be used in a table top game.

Yes, true. All of those meanings seem to overlap.

Since {velqa'} means replica, theoretically it can refer to the 1:1
replica. A {velqa' mach} is a small replica, and a {velqa' nu'} is a
miniature replica.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"