[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing ""

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 05:56:09 PDT 2019

I'm an officer on a ship, and we're discussing (i.e. me and the other
officers), the captain's decision to traverse borg territory.

I'm stating (rather intensely) my discomfort for that decision,
because I believe it puts us in danger. So, another officer stands up
and says "I've had it with your disagreements; why do you keep
complaining for a decision already taken ?"

And I reply by saying:

The reason I'm "complaining" is that I believe the borg will assimilate us.

End of story, and beginning of my problem:

If I was to say the words in this scenario, my voice would change
while I would be saying the word "complaining". It would change, in
order to express that from my point of view, I don't see it as
"complaining" but as a statement of the facts.

And of course, if I was to write these words, I would place them in ""
to express the same fact.

But in klingon, how do I do it ? I can't use "", so what's the solution ?

If instead of a verb, there was a noun, perhaps I could use -qoq; but
what can I do when instead of a noun, there is a verb ?

~ m. qunen'oS
may we all thank the Italians, for pizza and espresso