[tlhIngan Hol] nughIjchugh vay' matuHnIS'a'?

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Fri Apr 12 05:06:05 PDT 2019

I expect this is probably going to be a “we don’t know (yet)” thing, but do we have any evidence to indicate whether or not the taboo against using {-vIp} with a prefix indicating a first person subject extends to using {ghIj} with a prefix indicating a first person object? Like, is it okay to be afraid of a concrete thing, but not okay of being afraid to do something? Or is the taboo against admitting to fear of any kind at all?

{jagh vISuvvIp} - obviously taboo
{mughIj jagh} - is this taboo? Or just a normal and expected reaction? {Dujeychugh jagh nIv yItuHQo'} and all, but {DughIjchugh jagh nIv, DatuHnIS'a'?}