[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "painted with his blood"

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 09:47:44 PDT 2019

There is also the question of the appropriate word for creating a map. Is a map “drawn”? Or is it “written”?

We see a similar issue concerning pictographic writing systems as to the correct verb. I’m reminded of the Byzantine Orthodox practice that holds that their iconography is a writing, an not drawing, and that icons are not drawings nor art. One “writes” and icon.

Similarly, since a map is made to convey specific spatial-locative information, rather than being some type of artistic depiction, one could argue that the map is ghItlh.

—jevreH (who has spent too much time in the Semiotics section of the library)

Sent from my iPhone