[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed Apr 24 07:58:33 PDT 2019

> On Apr 24, 2019, at 09:32, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Although I sometimes have had weird and strong arguments and discussions
> with SuStel, I am thankful for him sometimes being so strict on some
> rules, and I agree with him here. Our first rule is "Canon = Okrand".
> There really is no need to change that.

Is anybody disputing this?

The closest thing I can find is that De'vID is suggesting that we can consider Klingon that has been used on screen, but which is not Okrandian canon, to be a separate category to Klingon that is not Okrandian canon and has not been used on screen. That seems like a useful distinction to make for its own sake; what people choose to do with the different categories after making such a distinction is up to them. That he uses the word “canon” in the names of categories that are something other than proper Okrandian canon might be a little confusing and perhaps controversial, but I really don’t think he’s disputing that Okrand is the sole source of Okrandian canon.