[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Apr 24 05:54:02 PDT 2019

The version of this story that I remember was not that they finished work on the Academy Awards early, but that they got there and discovered that the equipment they needed would not arrive until the following week, hence, everyone on Okrand’s crew hanging out for a week with nothing to do.

In any case, it was amazingly fortunate for all involved, since it is highly unlikely that anyone else would have put this much work into developing a remarkably functional language, when all that was required of the mission was to fake a few lines for the camera, like they did in the first Star Trek movie, or like Okrand did for Atlantean…

I shouldn’t presume…

Has anyone here learned Atlantean? The dictionary looks pretty small by comparison to Klingon; maybe five hundred words at the most? Hmm. Fewer. They seem to list “different" words for the same spelling and meaning with different person/number references…

Is it worth learning?

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.