[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Apr 22 22:52:25 PDT 2019

Am 22.04.2019 um 19:13 schrieb Daniel Dadap:
> I respectfully disagree.

I fully accept your opinion, because I agree with that almost for 99%.
You are right, there are so many good other sources wihich are good to
use; I even made three of them and encourage beginners to use them.

But there is 1 percent of risk left over. See the famous line of the
Little Prince, which I translated as {DI'raq yIDIj} in my first draft. I
was convinced that {DIj} meant "make a painting", until Okrand told me
that I said "I paint the sheep" which resulted in having a colored
sheep. :-/

My point is that when you learn/speak Klingon from canon sources, you
can be sure that it's right (including some errors which are still
canon), but learning from other sources may include mistakes.

But again - DSC dialogues and subtitles are a very good collection of
phrases to learn from. Don't get me wrong on this.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"