[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Apr 21 10:11:32 PDT 2019

ja' De'vID:

Am 21.04.2019 um 18:54 schrieb SuStel:
> That's not how we define Okrandian canon round these parts, so I'm
> leaving the jury out on that.

I agree with SuStel, following the strict seperation between Okrandian
canon, and anything else - no matter how good any translation is. I have
great respect for Qov's work, but just like any of us she must interpret
the words her personal way and may be wrong with ambiguous words. For
instance, L'Rell once used the word {'ol} for "confirm" while Maltz gave
us the word {woq} for exactly that, almost simulateneously.

Qov's problem in tis projekct is that she just can't ask anyone outside
and she usually has a lot of time pressure.

But again, she did a very good job here, which I do not wish to
diminuish here. I'm sure the Klingon Netflix subtitles have mistakes and
interpretations as well.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"