[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing ""

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Wed Apr 17 07:30:39 PDT 2019

> I appear to be complaining because I believe the Borg will make us completely conform to their customs
>
> In other words, I’m not complaining, I merely appear to be doing so.

I'm not certain that -law' is appropriate for "seem/appear to" in the sense of "give an impression (which I know to be false)".

-law' expresses uncertainty about a statement, so {jIbeplaw'} would mean something like "based on the evidence available to me, I believe that I am complaining, but I might not be".

It might be more appropriate to say something more like:

bepwI' vIDa neH
bepwI' vIrur neH
bepwI' Ho'DoS rur neH Ho'DoSwIj

//loghaD