[tlhIngan Hol] qIH and -chuq

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Apr 16 19:26:46 PDT 2019

I wish to express a similar sentiment. I can still learn, and I’m beginning to figure out how to do so without overreacting to what can, in text without vocal inflection, be read as insulting, or challenging, or arrogant, or whatever. When I fall to the temptation to interpret these emotions, my ego gets in the way of taking in useful information. It’s never a good option. It draws me toward being everything I’m accusing the other person as being.

Stupid human trick.

The terms are making more sense. I already get {-moH} better than in earlier years, and there’s more to be learned.

Because of the remarkable ambiguity it can introduce, I do look for alternative constructions, when they can be clearer. Like SAO, it sometimes feels overused; like a hammer where a screwdriver is called for.

The hammer will work. It’s just messier. We choose our preferred styles.

All for the never ending, inexplicable search for how to clearly express ideas in the language of a fictional race with a cruel sense of humor, created by a man with a very gentle one.

Huj Qu’vam.

Sent from my iPhone.
charghwI’