[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Apr 10 08:03:19 PDT 2019

> The continuous and progressive aspects are used when a sentence is meant
> to express continuousness or progressiveness. *paq vISIch: *I stretch my
> hand to the book.
[...]
> *SIch* seems to take the thing reached for as its object,

Did I miss anything in the discussion? I understood that {SIch} does NOT
mean "reach for", it's "reach" in the sense of "my arm is long enough to
touch something, so I can reach it" and not "I try to grab something".

> I'd stick
> to the known interpretation unless more information were forthcoming.

I thought we had this new information?

> *paq vISIch; tlhapmeH jan vIlo'*/I use the grabber to reach for and take
> the book./
That's not how I understood it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer