[tlhIngan Hol] Clarification on SIch

John R. Harness cartweel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 12:31:46 PDT 2019

I asked about the meaning of SIch on the Facebook Learn Klingon group, and
there was significant disagreement. So, I asked for clarification from the
source. This is a repost of the information I received for the benefit of
the listhost:

Clarification on SIch from Dr. Okrand, via email, received April 8

I wrote:
"TKD lists SIch as "reach." Can you clarify if that is about a) arriving to
a destination or b) grasping toward something?"

He replied:
"You're right — the definition of {SIch} in TKD isn't all that helpful. The
intended meaning is (b), as in {paqvetlh DaSIchlaH'a'?} — maybe the book's
on a high shelf. Or {paq vISIch 'e' vInID}, which could be translated "I
reached for the book. The (a) meaning is covered by {paw}."

(Earlier discussion here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LearnKlingon/permalink/2176370085804529/)

--
John Harness