[tlhIngan Hol] Duran lung DIr

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Apr 5 07:20:59 PDT 2019

Am 05.04.2019 um 16:09 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> Apparently KCD also mentioned that it is a food item which never uses a
> plural suffix -- can anyone confirm this?  I never got the game to work
> on my PC back in the 1990’s – rather like jerky.

Okrand says on Klingon CD:

-------------
"Lizard" is only a close approximation of what the Klingon word lung
{means}. "Salamander" might do just as well, but in fact, neither is
accurate. The word for skin is {DIr}. The plural form of this word is
never used when referring to the skin of this animal prepared as food.

In my opinion, he just wanted to say that you don't use it in a phrase
like {Duran lung *DIrmey vISop}. If there are several skins "floating
around", I'm sure it's okay to use the plural suffix there.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"