[tlhIngan Hol] Hoch jagh Dujmey DaQotlh

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Apr 3 06:08:36 PDT 2019

Am 03.04.2019 um 14:47 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:> {QaptaHvIS So'wI', Hoch
jagh Dujmey DaQotlh}
> disable all enemy ships while cloaked
>
> First question: Does anyone disagree, that instead of Da- there should be tI- ?

I don't have all Klingon cards at hand, but I remember from the German
version of the game, many cards read like "You buy a new car" or "You
pay your bill", so it's not a command.

> How exactly is the {Hoch jagh Dujmey} to be interpreted ?
[...]
> Is there a way of knowing, which of the three is the correct
> interpretation ? Or do we just use the Force to decide ?

I would say it's {Hoch [jagh Dujmey]}, because that makes most sense.
But basically it's the same answer as usual: you cannot be sure, it
depends on contect, and you have to live with the ambiguity.
--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"