[tlhIngan Hol] How "pure" is Ca'NoN ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Apr 3 05:25:23 PDT 2019

Awwwwriiiiiight!

So, I can say {tlhIngan Hol’e’ be’nalwI’ vIghojmoH} because, even though it doesn’t follow the formula given us ({be’nalwI’vaD tlhIngan Hol vIghojmoH}), it obviously makes sense to anyone who speaks Klingon, right?

The two objects of {ghojmoH} are the beneficiary and the topic. You can leave either unmarked if there is only one showing, but if both are there, you can’t leave both unmarked. He stylistically prefers to mark the beneficiary, but it should be fine for me to prefer to mark the topic. In fact, it should be okay to say {tlhIngan Hol’e’ be’nalwI’vaD jIghojmoH.}

[Let the fireworks begin.]

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.