[tlhIngan Hol] Relevance of language ability to third person singular pronouns

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 11 07:01:04 PDT 2018

From: Lieven L. Litaer
>>   Am 10.09.2018 um 17:44 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> (qurgh, 11/10/2015):  I had a conversation with Marc about {'oH} and {ghaH}
> and animals when I was at the qepHom. He said that if you (the speaker) believe
> you can communicate with a creature, then it's a {ghaH}, if you don't believe you
> can communicate with a creature, then it's {'oH}. It's down the personal beliefs
> of the speaker, not a set formula.
>
>> Just for the record:  When Voragh quotes "qepHom YYYY" he usually means the
>> "qepHom in Germany YYYY". But qurgh never was at that qepHom, so he probably
>>  means a diferent one. (or it was a different person?)

When I wrote "(qurgh, 11/10/2015)" it meant that qurgh posted the following statement to this list on November 10, 2015.  Whether qurgh's statement is true or not - i.e. which qepHom he was referring to - I have no way of knowing.  If I mis-quote someone or confuse the source, I always appreciate corrections.

I copy-and-paste all sorts into my notes, especially any comments by or conversations with Okrand.  You never know when something might become relevant.  Or not.  Sometimes it's like interpreting the oracle at Delphi, or should I say  the lava caves under the Boreth monastery?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons