[tlhIngan Hol] Relevance of language ability to third person singular pronouns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 21:43:33 PDT 2018

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 22:38, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> He very well may have. Just like he called the chuvmey “latlh” in some
> presentation recently. I’m just leaving open the possibility that he does
> mean these as different things.

That's not new. On TKD p.18, it states that "There are three basic parts of
speech in Klingon: noun, verb, and everything else." {latlh} is just the
Klingon translation of "everything else". It's not until p.51 that
{chuvmey} is introduced to talk about non-noun non-verbs as a term Klingon
grammarians use. They clearly refer to the same thing (one word is just
more technical than the other).

--
De'vID