[tlhIngan Hol] Relevance of language ability to third person singular pronouns

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Sep 9 01:44:35 PDT 2018

Am 09.09.2018 um 02:21 schrieb De'vID:
> His notes which didn't make it into the movie aren't *necessarily*
> canon, since he could've changes his mind during filming. (We've treated
> those ones which have appeared in HolQeD as canon, but I think only
> because HolQeD counts independently as a source of canon.)
>
> Also, the word *{Hovtretlh} which appears in one of the titles is very
> obviously someone's attempt to write "Star Trek" in "Klingon".

These are two absolutely different pairs of shoes!

On one side, you have those titles who were created by some producers of
the documentary who obviously had no idea what they're doing, and then
we have those notes which are with a very high probability the original
notes made by Okrand made for the production of ST6 -- I mean, honestly,
why would he make up something only to show in that documentary?

And just like with the ST5-notes from HolQeD, these words were not used
on screen, but Okrand HAS written them.

Am 09.09.2018 um 03:10 schrieb SuStel:
 > Without a statement making them canon, I
 > consider them useful, but not absolute.

I agree. As long as something seems wrong, I would ignore it. But this
one interesting sentence I quoted reveals an interesting way of
thinking, even though it surely does not answer the other question which
started this thread.

Until it's explained in detail, we can't know for sure, I agree.
--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"