[tlhIngan Hol] Relevance of language ability to third person singular pronouns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 00:37:47 PDT 2018

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018, 03:10 SuStel, <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> On 9/8/2018 8:21 PM, De'vID wrote:
> > His notes which didn't make it into the movie aren't *necessarily*
> > canon, since he could've changes his mind during filming. (We've
> > treated those ones which have appeared in HolQeD as canon, but I think
> > only because HolQeD counts independently as a source of canon.)
>
> HolQeD is not a canonical source. Okrand's writings in HolQeD are
> canonical, as they are anywhere else they appear. Stuff that, say,
> Krankor wrote in HolQeD is not canon.

I thought it was obvious that I meant it's a source of canon when it
presents Okrand's words. Sorry for not being clear enough. There are things
in HolQeD like interviews with Okrand in there which weren't written by
him, or things where someone relates something they heard from him. In
contrast, on Facebook or Twitter or Livejournal or Discord or whatever,
hearsay about what Okrand said doesn't count unless it's confirmed by
multiple people. (This mailing list is intermediate in that eyewitness
posts about events with a lot of KLI attendees, i.e., the qep'a' and
qepHom, are generally trusted.) For example, Okrand has contributed to
things at the Smithsonian or with the Washington Shakespeare company which
people wrote about online, but which weren't accepted until they were
corroborated by other multiple sources.

--
De'vID