[tlhIngan Hol] Relevance of language ability to third person singular pronouns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:15:23 PDT 2018

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 19:33 Lieven L. Litaer, <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Well, if you start at exactly 27:11 (that is after this strang "sin"
> sound) then she says exactly {ngI' chu' muD}.
>
> Maybe that was the speaker's error, because like on the tapes Okrand
> says "ng as in thing, or hang", so the speaker might have had "thing" in
> her mind, and forgot to drop it while speaking the line.

Qov has told the story of what happened, but I can't recall where. IIRC,
the speaker was unable to pronounce initial {ng}, so they decided to have
her say "sing" and have the sound editor cut it off, except that
instruction was miscommunicated so the recording was cut off at the wrong
end. Or something like that.

--
De'vID