[tlhIngan Hol] voD and mu'qaD veS

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Oct 15 09:58:13 PDT 2018

On 10/15/2018 12:46 PM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Am 15.10.2018 um 18:35 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
>> If someone said to a klingon..
>>
>> SoSlI' Sa'Hut luvoD wa'maH verengan mang.
>> or
>> SoSli' ngaghmeH QemjIq voD wa' verengan mangghom.
>>
>> Would he get the meaning ?
>
> I enjoy your dirty thoughts :-)
>
> Anyway, when I hear "drill" I don't think "screw". A drill MAKES a
> hole, it does not put anything in it.

This use of the English words /screw/ and /drill /are idiomatic.
Screwing involves a twisting motion and drilling involves making a hole,
as Lieven says, neither of which particularly resemble the act you're
considering.

A Klingon would no doubt become angry, but not because you suggested
anything particularly sexual.