[tlhIngan Hol] Pronouncing verbs

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:00:46 PDT 2018

tkd says:
"In a verb, the stressed syllable is usually the verb itself, as
opposed to any prefix or suffix. If, however, a suffix ending with {'}
is separated from the verb by at least one other suffix, both the verb
and the suffix ending in {'} are stressed"

So:
1. If I have {yajbe'} only the {-be'} is stressed
2. If I have {yajlaHbe'} both {yaj} and {-be'} will be equally stressed

Are the above correct ?

Also:
1. If I have a two-syllable verb, which doesn't contain a {'}, and
doesn't have any suffixes, then where do I place the stress ?
2. With regards to the interrogative suffix {-'a'}; is it stressed as
any other suffix which bears the {'}, or is it stressed with the
"voice rising" as you would ask for instance "do you see the cat ?"

~ nI'ghma