[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vu'wI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 30 08:45:00 PDT 2018

Klingon word: vu'wI'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: manager
Source: TKD

Nomen agentis of the verb {vu'} "manage".

I believe this was used only once, in the "Star Trek Communicator" special Klingon issue  #104 (Aug-Sep 1995):

  Qu' vu'wI' yaH
  Mission Ops (STC)

Lit. the "mission manager's work station".  IIRC this was Worf's station on the Enterprise-D bridge.  When I was in the US Navy in the late 1970's we would have probably called this person the operations officer (although my destroyer didn't have one).

SEE ALSO:
*che'wI'	[ruler] (n)
qumwI' 		governor (n)
DevwI'		leader (n)
loHwI' 		magistrate (n)

pIn 		boss (n)
nuHpIn  	weapons officer (n)
ya 		tactical officer (n)

TREK TRIVIA:
  Worf served as Gowron's weapons officer aboard the IKV Bortas during the early part of the Klingon civil war of 2367-68. (TNG "Redemption I")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons