[tlhIngan Hol] verb prefix with 'Iv

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Oct 28 13:43:44 PDT 2018

On 10/28/2018 2:07 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> {vIghro' leghpu' 'Iv} or {vIghro' luleghpu' 'Iv} ?

This isn't answered explicitly for us, but I feel confident it's
*vIghro' leghpu' 'Iv.* You don't have to know the number of the answer
to ask the question. If you wanted to indicate you knew the answer was
plural, I imagine you could say *vIghro' luleghpu' 'Iv,* or you might
say *vIghro' luleghpu' vay'; leghpu' 'Iv?*

I feel pretty sure neither *nuq* nor *'Iv* have ever prompted a prefix
forcing a plural interpretation in canon.