[tlhIngan Hol] voD and mu'qaD veS

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Oct 15 11:40:33 PDT 2018

> As another example, in German the slang term for "mate with" is not
> "screw", it's "nail".

Ah yes, that one works in English, too.

In Swedish, to nail something is to come to a decision about something (usually a schedule or the like).

"So, you agree that Glenn is the best person for the job?"
"Yes, Glenn would be perfect."
"Great. I hope we can nail him at today's meeting."
"Oh, not literally, I hope?"
"Haha! Oh, Svea; you're so screwed!"