[tlhIngan Hol] Silly question of the day

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Oct 15 03:36:35 PDT 2018

Am 15.10.2018 um 11:22 schrieb De'vID:

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 at 10:00, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de
> <mailto:levinius at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     The difference is like
>     {wItlha'taH} - "we will keep following him"
>     {wItlha'taHqu'} - "we will keep following him forever"
>

> I don't think so. To express "forever", you need {reH}

Yes, of course you're right. Sorry for being sloppy in my english
translation. The meaning of that usage here shows that Klaa will "follow
wherever he may go". Time is not involved.

So the difference is actually:
 >     {wItlha'taH} - "we follow him continously"
 >     {wItlha'taHqu'} - "we follow him REALLY continously"

> {wItlha'taHqu'} is more like "we will KEEP following him" or "we will
> CONTINUE TO follow him".

I think that is already included in the -taH suffix... And I think that
the main problem here is to find an adequate ENGLISH translation.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"