[tlhIngan Hol] Why DaH is an adverb ?

Rhona Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:02:53 PDT 2018

ghItlhpu' mayqel, jatlhpu':

> Perhaps it will sound strange, but I can't understand why DaH is an adverb.

> tuch is a noun and pa'logh is noun; nem, ben, leS, waQ etc. are all nouns.

But on the other hand, tugh, not, SIbI' and qen are all adverbs too.

I think it's just one of those things where time is handled in a couple of different grammatical ways. It is in English too - many time expressions are adverbs, but many are also noun phrases using the postposition "ago" (yes, English does have at least one postposition).

QeS 'utlh