[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "some of"

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Nov 27 10:05:31 PST 2018

On 11/27/2018 12:56 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> tugh, Hargh SuvwI'pu'vam 'op SuvwI'
> soon, some of these warriors will fight
>
> tugh, Hargh SuvwI'pu'vam mI'
> soon, a number of these warriors will fight
>
> I feel that they are wrong, but I can't understand why.

Neither is correct.

*tugh Hargh 'op SuvwI'vam
*/Soon some of these warriors will fight (a major confrontation)./

*SuvwI'pu'vam mI'* means /these warriors' number, the number of these
warriors./ Are they carrying a sign with an eight on it, and the sign is
going to fight some other warriors' number in a duel?

Note that it's not clear whether it makes a difference whether it's *'op
SuvwI'vam *or *'op SuvwI'pu'vam.*