[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom 2018 - making sounds

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 05:43:46 PST 2018

The words we received from Maltz for this year's qepHom were not sorted
by any system. I tried to arrange them by topics, which I will use in
the subject line, so the discussions about the words are also sorted.
----

Huy v. hum – can be used both for singing without words and for the
sound a (not huge) engine makes. Used also for the sound of a cat: purr.

Qoghogh v. snort – like a pig does, but not restricted to pigs or targs

ghughugh v. growl

HaS v. squeak – [This is not only for animals. It can also be used for
the sound an old door or a wooden chest does when you open it, if it's a
sort of high pitch.]

Ham v. be high (in pitch) – as in high voice

pun v. be low (in pitch) – as in deep voice

[These pitch words can also be used in music to talk about high and low
tones.]

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"