[tlhIngan Hol] Difference between..

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:30:21 PST 2018

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 at 14:11, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone explain the difference between {nIteb jIH} and {jImob} ?
>
> I *feel* there is a difference, but I can't seem to be able to wrap my
> mind around to what this difference actually is.

What would the sentence {jIH} by itself mean? A sentence with an adverbial
ought to make sense without one.

{nIteb jIH} is the same sort of thing as {tugh jIH} or {nom jIH}, an
adverbial followed by a pronoun. I don't know what it means.

By coincidence, {jIH} is also a verb, so {nIteb jIH} could mean something
like "alone he/she monitors him/her/it", but that's clearly not what you
intend.

--
De'vID